Student Chapter Criteria
Like senior chapters, students must also operate their chapter activities in rules set forth by CMAA’s bylaws. The following criteria are necessary for existing student chapters and colonies as well as for prospective schools that want to affiliate with CMAA.
- Student chapters must have a minimum of 10 student members at all times.
- Each chapter should hold a minimum of seven meetings during the school year, four of which must be educational. Reports of all meetings must be submitted to National Headquarters and to respective committee / chapter members within 15 days following the meeting.
- Each student chapter must include participation of a minimum of one club tour each year. This may be considered one of the four educational meetings and minutes should be sent to the National Headquarters.
- Within three years of being granted a chapter charter, the university / college must have a club management course as part of its curriculum.
- The Chapter President must submit an annual report to CMAA National Office by May 1 of each year or 15 days after the last chapter meeting, whichever is first.
- At the end of each school year, each chapter is reviewed by the Chapter / Member Services Committee to determine if the chapter requirements have been met. Failure to meet the criteria may result in probation.